Where People and Technology Make the Difference
It's more than an advertising slogan; it is a true depiction of who we are. Samson needed a succinct way to deliver a message to the marketplace that describes what differentiates us from other synthetic rope manufacturers. This statement accurately describes the combination of design expertise, product performance, and field service support we offer. It embodies a promise of what our customers can expect from doing business with us; exceptional people providing an exceptional experience while delivering an exceptional product.
The Samson Advantage has five key elements that set us apart from anyone else in the industry:
The Samson Advantage for Individual Product Categories
For each product category, we offer market-specific goods and services above and beyond the Samson Advantage that we offer all of our customers. Click on the links to the left to see what we can bring to your particular industry.
Patented products and technologies developed by the most advanced R&D organization in the cordage industry.
- Most advanced research and development team in the industry
- Accurate, reliable product specifications based on rigorous testing and measuring
- Assistance with certifications from DNV, ABS, NK, Lloyd’s, and others available
- Extensive library of technical resources, case studies, and white papers
High-performance solutions designed to improve efficiency, reduce operation costs, and provide long-term value.
- High performance: lightweight synthetic ropes replace wire rope, chain, or other commodity synthetics
- Cost-effective: products improve efficiency, reduce the cost of operations, and provide long-term value
- Safer: easier to handle, lighter products mean safer working conditions
World-class service and support, whenever you need it, wherever you need it.
- Technical consultation to ensure we supply the product that best suits your needs.
- Onboard inspections, vessel surveys, and residual strength testing, which means you get maximum service life from your rope
- On-site training in usage, inspection, handling, and retirement criteria
- Comprehensive technical support materials: owner’s manuals, technical bulletins, inspection and repair instructions, retirement criteria, splicing instructions, and much more on our website.
- An authorized distributor network available with ready inventory and fabrication specialists for fast response
Both of Samson’s state-of-the-art facilities are ISO certified utilizing LEAN manufacturing and are strategically located near major shipping ports. Plants are ISO certified and utilize LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Lafayette, Louisiana, facility is easily accessible to the Gulf of Mexico and the offshore engineering community
- Ferndale, Washington, facility is easily accessible to all ports off the Pacific, from Alaska to Asia and Australia
More than 130 years of cordage history, with more experience designing and developing strength members using Dyneema® fiber than any other manufacturer in the world; reliability you can count on in the industry.